About Abdul Ali
Thank you so much for being so interested in learning more about me. I appreciate that.
I am currently working as Chief Growth Officer at Thakaa Technologies. I specialize in running customer-centric growth strategies.
This is my blog, and I write about growth strategies, international marketing, Qatar Startup Ecosystem.
I spend my time reading, touring. I love solving business challenges, advising entrepreneurs on Sunday, spending time with family (friends), or having coffee.
I believe in
“Growth is the role of life, and Learning is a journey. A growth mindset helps accomplish positive flow. Its significant to develop trigger and check and balance to realize the actual value of life ".
I also organize and participate in a few local start-up events, workshops such as Demo Day, Web Summit, etc. I love connecting with like-minded people.
Still interested to know more about me. Please continue reading.
I am a passionate growth marketer with 13+ years of experience managing cross-functional teams.
Functional experience: Sales, Marketing, R&D, Product Development, Innovation, Digital/E-commerce, Strategy, Finance, Commercial Operations, Human Resource, and Supply Chain.
I spend most of my time identifying the critical gaps and developing comprehensive marketing and robust growth or sustainable strategies to exceed targets, maximize organizational presence, increase sales and revenue, and solve business growth challenges.
My experience with Fortune 500 companies such as Unilever and McCormick & Co. (2012-2016).
I got involved in developing comprehensive plans for the town coverage, estimated the number of outlets, and assessed channel opportunities.
Moreover, I established commercial control, Managed product launch, recommended changes to improve quality, and developed a new sales channel for food solution, ready cook, ready to eat products category, brand, E.g., Knorr, Lipton, Kohinoor, McCormick, etc.
Following that, I have been spending time for the last 5-7 years in Retail, Consumer Goods and IoT Hardware Industries with start-ups.
- Extensive experience in Go-to-market Strategy, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Executive Management, Business Development, Program Management, Strategic Planning, Operations Management, and Multi-channel Marketing
Brands (Paper Boat, Estel water, etc.), and developing new markets.
- Delivered outstanding business growth outcomes in highly competitive global markets like Qatar, India, United States, etc. by launching, positioning the product to the new market, channel more than 30+ products, 200+ SKUs
- Enhanced business performance & ensured achievement of future goals by successfully conceptualize & formulate visionary strategies
Strategically directed the sales to target top competitor accounts & maximized brand visibility by organizing in-store and shelf display of 200+ SKU (stock keeping unit) and essential retail merchandise activity.
Key Hypermarkets: I have worked with Carrefour, Lulu Hypermarket, SPAR Supermarket, Monoprix Hypermarket, and Al Meera, etc.
- Strategy Leader, with expertise in the devising of pricing strategies for products like Smart Educational Prayer Rug & Mobile App, Paper Boat, Organic India sales strategies, programs to improve sales opportunity
- Championed all the aspects of product management with a track record of launching new products like Sajdah.
- Led a project for crowdfunding of Sajdah, raised $37K in 48 hours, administrating overall campaign, creatives, strategy, and PR– during the Covid -19 Pandemic
I have helped various start-ups by taking care of their entire business growth roadmap and implementation, Product development, international marketing, Crowdfunding, fundraising, Prototyping- MVP, Growth rounds.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my website. I am thrilled we’re connected, and I’m excited for the journey ahead.
With all my love,